1 lb ground lamb
1/2 large onion (chopped)
2 medium potatoes (chopped small)
1 clove chopped or crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried ground rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil (I used Rosemary infused olive oil)
In a skillet over medium high heat, heat up oil and start browning potatoes. Add garlic and onion.
Once everything starts cooking add all the spices. Once potatoes and onion starts to brown add ground lamb and cook thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy!
Now, you can make a Tzatziki sauce to serve over this but I did not have the ingredients to make it tonight. Here are the directions for that:
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced
Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Serve as a sauce for meal. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.